At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
- Helping to shape the future of Disney Hospitality
- Leading, inspiring and developing a high-performing, multi-cultural team that prides itself on exceptional guest service
- Delivering an outstanding vacation experience for guests from around the world
Our Guest Experience leaders are tasked with the supervision of the Housekeeping & Custodial team at our world-class resorts. They take great pride in leading our hourly Cast of talented housekeepers and housepersons who ensure our Guests’ rooms and accommodations are what they’ve come to expect from Disney.
- Act as floor/building supervisor, inspecting the work of Housekeeping & Custodial Teams in Guest rooms and all other areas of the hotel
- Perform regular inspections of all VIP arriving rooms, majority of guest rooms, public areas, correcting minor items to ensure guest satisfaction with room condition
- Recognize and develop Cast Members and hold them accountable for delivering excellence in safety, courtesy, show, and efficiency
- Partner closely with the resort hotel Front Office, Engineering Services and other teams to ensure delivery of clean and ready rooms
- Conduct daily pre-shift breakout meetings to communicate relevant information to cast members
- Make day-to-day operational decisions that benefit guests, cast members and the demands of the business and respond, assess, investigate and follow through with different emergency situations with Guest and Cast
- Monitor daily staffing levels, anticipate shift coverage needs based on demand and manage supplies, stock and operating expenses
- Support local projects and monitor any potential impacts to the guest and cast experience
- Lead Cast Members by actively teaching, coaching and taking appropriate action to correct deficient conditions, behaviors, and work practices
- Spending majority of day on the floor engaging with Cast & Guests, with minimal office time and tasks (80% onstage)
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum 2 years supervisory/managerial experience
- Previous housekeeping, recreation, and/or custodial experience with knowledge of chemicals, materials, cleaning technique, and equipment
- Trained eye that quickly spots things out of order and can work quickly to resolve the issue
- Proficient in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Windows environment and adaptable to new technology
- Ability to be flexible with working days, nights, weekends, shift variety and holidays
- Able to bend, flex and walk, lift 17 pounds and push/pull up to 85 pounds
- A valid US driver’s license along with the ability to operate a company vehicle
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in environment with airborne particles and chemicals for an extended period of time.
How You Stand Out:
- Previous experience working at a luxury property or Disney Resort Hotel
- Previous experience with HotSOS/REX
- Proven ability to lead in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Creole, Portuguese, Spanish and Vietnamese
- Ability to understand the impact of financial aspects of an operation (i.e. operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, costs, etc.)
- Experience in high-occupancy resorts with a large, multi-building footprint and high room turn rate
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a related field or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.