This is a salaried role at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort (DVC). As the Custodial Guest Experience Manager you will provide leadership to our public areas, Cast and warehouse operation. You will also be responsible for assuming the 2nd shift Resort Duty Manager responsibility a few nights a week. There will be an emphasis on both on and off stage public area cleanliness, railroad schedules, exterior building cleanliness, utility assignments, Guest Service and satisfaction ratings, financial objectives, and inventory control. As a leader at the resort you will provide direction, coach, develop and lead Cast Members to provide excellent Guest and Cast Service. You will consistently deliver on the Disney Leader Basics and Disney Service Basics, the Disney Leadership Competencies and technical aspects of the role.
- Your Responsibilities will be to manage the day to day Custodial Operation at Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
- Coach, develop, lead and inspire a diverse team of hourly Cast Members to provide exceptional Cast and Guest service
- Support the warehouse operation with ordering, pars, and SAP technical support
- Increase focus on local costume inventory management
- Responsible for maintaining public area cleanliness (including railroad schedules, exterior building cleanliness, utility assignments & on and off stage cleaning), waste management, and recycling.
- Responsible to create and maintain hourly work schedules by partnering with Labor Manager
- Model the Four Keys Disney Service Basics and the Disney Leader Basics
- Ensure Cast Members are delivering on public area cleanliness standards. Coach and recognize to drive continuous improvement
What we’re looking for:
- A leader to motivate and inspire Cast Members
- Computer proficient (will succeed using Workbrain, SAP, Lilo and the Hub)
- Successful use of communication technology tools (radio/direct connect, email and instant messaging)
- Adaptable to new technology and change
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proven dependability and reliability
- Demonstrated coaching and leadership skills (ability to manage conflict/resolution)
- Ability to display a high level of enthusiasm in leading a team
- Flexible to adjust work schedule according to operational needs (including weekends, second shift and holidays)
How You Stand Out:
- Minimum one year resort and/or water park experience in Custodial, Housekeeping, Front Office, and/or Recreation
- Clear understanding of interconnected relationships of all lines of businesses within a resort
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible in addition to being a self-starter with proven initiative
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management, Recreation or related discipline
About Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Management Corp., which is part of a business segment we call Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort.
Disney Vacation Club Management Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.